Fuel For Life
Tax ID 84-1764170
I suggest calling your member number (typically located on the back of your insurance card) and asking specifically about:
- Do you have coverage for a nutrition consult (billed as CPT codes 97802 [initial visit] or 97803 [follow up] ) If not you may check codes s9470 or 99404)?
- What is the coverage for medical nutrition vs. preventative nutrition? I use z71.3 for a preventative diagnosis code most of the time. This usually prevents you from having to pay a copay.
- Do you need a physician referral for insurance to cover your visit?
- Do you have a copay, co-insurance, or deductible to meet?
- Do you need prior authorization?
- ASK FOR A REFERENCE NUMBER FOR THE CALL, write down the number
If you do have coverage, I will take care of all of the billing. If insurance does not cover your visit, please call us for our private pay
rates. I appreciate you taking the time to determine your coverage. This will save us both a lot of time and should keep you from getting any surprise bills.
If you need further help determining your coverage, let us know!